There are many reasons why people choose to go vegan, and the health benefits are major ones. But when you’re cutting out dairy products like cheese, there is often a void left in your heart and stomach that can’t quickly be filled.
Luckily, there are some substitutes for cheese for vegans. Here are some of them!
1-Vegan Mozzarella Shreds by GO Veggie!
This cheese alternative for vegans is trendy and probably the best on this list. It has a great taste, not just like any mozzarella but even better, in my opinion!
This cheese alternative for vegans is made from non-GMO soybeans, which makes it excellent for your health. It can be used in various ways, including on pizza and pasta dishes or even melted over nachos!
If you’re looking for the perfect way to replace cheese in your diet while still getting that cheesy taste, this is the best choice!
- Lactose-free, cholesterol-free, and nut-free -perfect for people with dietary restrictions or allergies!
- Gluten-free, Kosher, and Non-GMO project verified.
- Great taste, maybe even better than real mozzarella
- Reported by some that it’s inconsistent, poor quality control.
Where To Buy GO Veggie! Mozzarella Style Shreds?
You can also find the product at Whole Foods Market locations nationwide.
2-Cream Cheese Alternative by Tofutti
Maybe you’re looking for something more than just a substitute cheese product when it comes to creating a delicious vegan meal.
In that case, this cream cheese alternative from Tofutti is what you need! This dairy-free cream cheese can be used on bagels or in recipes that call for creamed ingredients, like many cheesecakes or even cheese dips.
- Has a neutral flavor, so it will work well with any recipe you choose.
- Great when you want to lightly toast bagels or even make a breakfast burrito.
- Not the best cream cheese to use when you want a bagel sandwich.
- is very soft and may make your food soggy
- The taste of this product isn’t as strong
- Can be high on price in the long run
Where to buy Cream Cheese Alternative by Tofutti
You can find Tofutti’s Sour Supreme Cream Cheese Alternative at any grocery store. Walmart, Target, and Kmart usually have it!
3-Dairy-Free Cream Cheese by Follow Your Heart
Sometimes all you’re really craving is some good old cheese! This soft cheese alternative from Follow your Heart comes in three different flavors: Plain, Garlic & Chives, and Herbs de Provence (French variety).
It’s a great addition to bagels or for recipes that call for cream cheese as an ingredient. This dairy-free cream cheese is not only suitable for vegans, but also for those with lactose intolerance!
If you’re looking for a product that tastes more like actual cream cheese, this is a great choice!
- Garlic & Chives flavor tasted almost perfect and well enjoyed by all ages.
- Excellent for dips and things.
- Difficult to find in stores
- Does not taste like real cream cheese
- Doesn’t have a very creamy texture at all
Where To Buy Dairy-Free Cream Cheese by Follow Your Heart
This product is available at most natural food stores. However, I have found it in more mainstream markets.
It can be found at places like Walmart and Target.
4-Mozzarella by Daiya
While the other options on this list are made from soybeans, this one is actually made from tapioca. It’s an excellent alternative for anyone who is lactose intolerant but still wants to eat dairy-free products.
This cheese alternative for vegans is very similar in taste and texture to real mozzarella. It can be melted over pizza or pasta dishes.
It’s definitely a great option if you’re looking for something that will stand up to all the uses of regular cheese!
- Enjoy this buffalo-style cheese without lactose and gluten.
- Has that classic stringy pull and melts perfectly
- Dvailable in blocks, shreds, and sticks
- Certified Gluten-free, Kosher, Non-GMO Project Verified
- Melts are much easier than most dairy-free cheeses.
- It might make it harder to use in some recipes that require less melting, like lasagnas and pasta.
Each option on this list is a great vegan cream cheese substitute that pairs well with bagels and typical vegan recipes that call for cream cheese.